Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Challenge Is ON!

This will not be your standard Biggest Loser type of challenge.

Some people don't have scales so they judge by measurements and fit.

Some people don't even have to lose weight (I'm not one of them) but are aiming to get healthier in other ways. 

Maybe you want to fit into that pair of skinny jeans you've been eyeing. 
Maybe you're training for a race. 
Maybe you want to cut artificial stuff out of your eating. 

Whatever.

This is going to be a Choose Your Own Adventure sort of challenge (I loved those books growing up!).
I'm thinking right now that the best bet would be to run it primarily through here with Challengers sending updates to me via email or Facebook or Twitter or whatever. After all, some people don't have blogs. I'm more than willing to start a group on Facebook for added support and connection for anyone who wants it!

As for the tie-in to The Biggest Loser? Well, that will only be with the start and end dates -- October 8th to February 4. That will get us through the dreaded holiday season and well into 2014. While most people are making resolutions we'll be getting ready to celebrate our accomplishments and the end of our adventure!

So. 

What will YOUR challenge be?

17 comments:

  1. OHHH!! This sounds like a really good challenge!! I totally need to jump in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on goals what I want is to get my cholesterol levels down and get back to what is a healthy weight for my height so need to lose at least 16lb. Going to drag my exercise bike out of the corner, dust of the wii fit and buy zombies run. If I achieve any improvement on my exercise level I will be happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Earlier I thought that I may shoot for 20 pounds. That's just over a pound a week which, for me, is totally unheard of. I may change to more of an activity-based goal and just hope the scale does what it "should" accordingly :)

      Delete
    2. As long as I am moving in the right direction that will be good for me however long it takes me!

      Delete
  3. Awesome idea!! I don't know what I would be able to commit to. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not giving up? ;)
      I bet the hubs would have an idea!

      Delete
  4. OK, so I have been thinking about this since yesterday, and I decided I want to try it. I really want to lose 9 lbs but that is not going to be my goal. I am just going to have the goal of sticking to a very strict diet plan. I'm talking about eating the same exact thing in the same exact measured portions, everyday (to an extent because I may change it up weekly). I know this sounds weird but there is a theory behind it. I want to prove to myself that I can maintain 100% self control, that I can do the things that I set out to do, I want to become a stronger person. I also have lots of gastric issues and I am hoping this will help them a lot, and I will be tracking them as well. And I am going to start October 1st so I guess it will be one week longer for me. :]

    I will post a blog about this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops meant I will make a blog post about it, not post a blog.

      Delete
  5. LOVED those books, too!! My daughter is enjoying them now! I am totally in on this fabulous challenge. Not sure what my goal is going to be yet, but I will be working on that over the next week as I prepare to hit the ground running on Oct. 8 (but I'm not going to just slack until then, either)! Thank you for encouraging me and starting this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is genius! I think my goal will be to get to my "ideal weight" which having just worked out is around 130 pounds... I've got a lot to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just commited to running a 50k AKA 31 miler!!! in March! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely fit the whole "crazy runner" thing, huh? ;)

      Delete
  8. I am going to have my Challenge post up either tonight or tomorrow, but I totally want in on that Facebook group!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in! My goal is going to be 30 minutes of continual activity (walking, running, or biking) every single day.

    ReplyDelete