Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Once again, I have a thing!

"I have a thing. It's like a plan, but with more greatness."
(The Doctor in "Vincent & The Doctor")

It's been another quiet night at work tonight. I watched tonight's Supernatural, the latest Biggest Loser Australia, and four workout videos. Yep. I sat here and just let them run on my Amazon Instant Video app to see if I thought they would kill me if I actually tried doing them. Granted, I only watched level one of each of them but that's where I'd be starting anyway. No reason to scare myself too much too early, right? I also came up with 6 Week Challenge calendars for my FiloFax:
Yep, they're blank except for the dates (February 1st all the way to January 2nd 2015). I still haven't quite figured out what my plan is, exactly. And there isn't much reason for the 6 weeks. It just seems to be what a lot of challenges are and it fit.

Anyhoo, the videos I watched were The Biggest Loser's Cardio Max and Power Sculpt, and then Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and Shred-It With Weights. 30DS is the only one that truly scares me of the four and I think that might be because I've attempted it and given up before. Of course, until the 1,000 mile bike challenge that's almost in the bag, I've pretty much given up on everything I've attempted before.

That's why I'm still here.

SOOOOO here's my thinking. I want to keep biking but I really want to add some video workouts in, too, and that includes the Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum I have for our Wii (even though I don't have the balance board yet). The videos are probably best done on days when Tom's off at work and John's off at school ... either before John gets home or right after he leaves. That's Tuesday-Friday. Saturday-Monday are typically my heavy bike days since I'm off from work and once Tom gets home from his work on Saturdays we tend to catch up on the shows we dvr to watch together .... and I can do that on the bike.

Tuesday-Friday I'll rotate the videos. Not sure if it'll be just the BL ones or all four. I think maybe just the Biggest Loser ones for now. I may even sneak in an extra on Mondays when Tom falls asleep in his recliner like he tends to do. Or maybe Monday will be my Wii day. That sounds like good idea. Actually, since John spends a crapton of time playing Minecraft on Saturdays & Sundays I should be able to sneak upstairs to Wii on either/both of those days, too. He may even join me from time to time!

I don't think I'll bother typing them in to the calendar templates. I think I'll just write them in as I do them.

The 6 Week Thing ... for now (and yes, I know I'll need a rest day here and there):

Saturday - Wii and/or Bike
Sunday - Wii and/or Bike
Monday - Wii and/or Bike
Tuesday - Cardio Max
Wednesday - Power Sculpt
Thursday - Cardio Max
Friday - Power Sculpt





8 comments:

  1. I think this is an awesome idea, and I love the Doctor Who quote, it's so fitting! I will post about my plan tonight when I work, along with my current weight (because I'm a week behind, and I've gained a little... damned Cheetos) And we will kick this thing off right! Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even had the quote engraved onto a bracelet :)
      Saturday we shall kick!

      Delete
  2. I called up my Wii Active again after almost 3.5 years. Maybe more. I don't think it have a date. I wish i could remember why i quit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mentioned my plan to my son (the seven year old) and he wants to do the Wii exercises with me!

      Delete
  3. I LURVE the Vincent and the Doctor episode!! I get extra blank calendars but have yet to fill them in either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I just watched Vincent and the Doctor this morning while on the elliptical. LOVE that ep! Sounds like a fantastic plan in place!

    ReplyDelete