Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tweakity tweak tweak

The great big pile o' fun for the first handful of hours of 2014 : tweaking my BodyMedia and MyFitnessPal accounts. I went back and found my absolutely most sedentary day in my BodyMedia Activity Manager (which was December 8th, in case you were wondering) and pulled the numbers for my total calorie burn (or lack thereof). I set that number as my new target burn so everything I do above that is actual activity. Hopefully the tweaks will help me do away with that horrid 211 I saw on the scale this week. I hate that number. A lot.

As for intake: I'll still be tracking that on MyFitnessPal. I would just track my food BM, too, but I have SO much already saved on MFP and some really good friends I don't want to lose touch with. I'll keep an eye on BM for deficits but MFP will be where I plop stuff in.

And I'm going to try really hard not to tweak again for at least the month of January.

I'm a tweaker.

It won't be easy.

Also not easy: still having 365.8 miles left to go by the end of February 4th. I seem to be coming down with one of those "all I want to do is curl up under the blankets with a book" kind of colds so the idea of having to spend 10-11 miles on the bike every day in order to hit it kinda bites.

So there are two goals for January so far: no more tweaking and a lot of pedaling.

What else?

*Multivitamins. I have them but rarely remember to take them.

*Water. I need to drink more of it. I've got a lovely collection of water bottles so it shouldn't be so hard. I just tend to gravitate more to the coffee maker than anyplace else when I'm thirsty. Hey, at least it's made from water, right?

*#WLBootCamp. I've been following ShrinkingJeans for a long time now .... I think I may be ready to dive in and get involved.

New Year's Boot Camp Weight Loss Challenge with the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

* Blogging. Read more, write more, connect more. If I have time to watch oodles of episodes of Lost Girl in any given night I should have time to be a better blogger. One would think. It would help if all blogs had at least semi-regular appearances by Paul Amos or Rob Archer. Sidebar pics would be adequate. I could even supply a couple of options:
from HERE

or

from HERE



2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! I'm so glad you're joining in over at the Sisterhood! I have a BodyMedia armband too, and doesn't it sync with MFP now? I think it syncs your activity and calorie burn from BM to your MFP account? Anyway, good luck to you, and I can't wait to watch you shrink with us!
    -Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually still use my old BodyBugg SP .... but since the companies merged it acts like a BodyMedia Link. It DOES sync with MFP but it takes a bit of putzing to get the numbers to match up for goals with one site to the next .... which is why I'm doing my intake with MFP and just letting it send the numbers over to BM to show me how I'm doing :)

      Delete