Wednesday, February 5, 2014

If a tree falls in the forest ...

You know the question: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

In this case, though, the question is if the snow falls on the sidewalks and the BodyBugg isn't fully charged, does the shoveling still make a calorie burn?
We're getting dumped on tonight and I don't have to shovel. There's actual an engineer staying in the hotel just so he can wake up early and take care of it. Of course, it's 4:07am now and I don't have any clue how "early" that would be since I haven't seen him since right after I came in just before 11pm.

I normally do the overnight shoveling. I normally don't have a choice. Tonight I don't need to but I want to ... even though my Bugg appears to be kaput for battery power (which I discovered when it wouldn't sync to my phone). Of course, I'm finally feeling a bit more like myself and should probably save my energy for the fact that I won't get much of a nap today since they've already cancelled school ... which means the smallish person will probably be all rip-roaring-ready to Wii Fit Plus.

I'll give it one more program on my iPad. If there's no sign of anyone who's actually supposed to be shoveling by then I'll do it. Even without the burn credit.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the metaphor! I think the answer would be yes :-)

    School has been cancelled here as well, with a wind chill around -10 for morning. I feel ya for the nap.

    Well, if you do decide to shovel, it will just be one more movement, and thats got to be good right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it, do it!! You'll feel SOOOOO good, Bugg or not!!

    ReplyDelete