Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday already???

Well, really, in 18 minutes it'll officially be Tuesday here but whatever.

Decent enough weekend. Sunday afternoon I had a job interview and walked to/from rather than try and figure out Sunday bus schedules that wouldn't get me there an hour + early .... or 15 minutes late. Took about 30-40 minutes each way and was fine in spite of the cold and snow .... until my boots started to grind into the back of my ankles right above my heels. OUCH! Not fun AT ALL after that. By the time I got home I was in such agony that I didn't want to move and even sleeping was problematic because the scrapes kept touching stuff .... like air. I didn't even end up minding so much, then, when the nitwit dog woke me up at 5am to go pee. Still not feeling great tonight but at least feeling some better ....

I kept forgetting that today was President's Day which meant no mail. I kept checking the stupid box to see if anything was there. :facepalm: I blame UPS for still delivering today. Threw me all off. BUT they delivered a new workout "game" for our Wii called Walk It Out. John got pretty winded from it pretty fast but he wasn't walking -- he was sprinting in place. Crazy wonderful kid.

Now I'm at work waiting for food to be delivered since I forgot to make anything at home and just grabbed a banana on my way out the door. Yes, you should always take a banana to a party but one banana is not going to get me through an 8 hour shift at work.

John's off school all week for mid-winter break. Hopefully he'll let me pass out from time to time without going too stir crazy.... or breaking anything significant....

2 comments:

  1. I really need to get a balance board... well.... first I need to fix my wii... the remotes won't work or something... I've been too lazy to really look into it yet. Maybe on my days off. Glad John is working out with you, and pushing you (so long as he doesn't push you too much!). Sorry about your ankles though! That's no fun at all! But I really hope you hear from them soon! :)

    Bananas are good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to using my Wii Fit too. Right now I just use it as my scale for my weigh ins, but I did enjoy many of the "games".

    ReplyDelete