Thursday, February 6, 2014

Oh. My. Mii.

The snow continued to dump on us and dump on us and was still dumping when I went to take my pre-work nap around 6:20pmish. It decided to ease up a bit between then and when I woke up 3 hours later but it's still pretty dang nasty out. Part way through the day I shoveled our driveway to give Tom half a shot at getting in when he came home from work. Of course, it was coming down so hard it was pretty much filled in by the time he did so. He said it was helpful, though, and I got some decent calories burned. Got some more right after I got to work by shoveling the walks around the hotel (apparently 2nd shift was too busy ... or something ... ), and will get MORE in before I leave by doing a "deep clean" of our guest laundry room. Of course, there's supposed to be a checklist to follow for that that I don't have so I may put it off and hope someone bothers getting it for me for tomorrow night ... or I may just do the best I can and say screw it. I need the burn.

I need the burn.

I need to get this done.

I think it hit me more today than it has in a while and I blame/thank my Mii on John's Wii.
The Wii Fit Plus & balance board arrived the other day while I was "oh woe"ing me but today we finally got it set up and going.

I had no idea that it was going to set it up for how horribly out of shape I'm in now. Or that my darling seven year old would be paying quite so much attention and understand quite so much about what was being displayed on the tv screen as I went through it.

The worst part? When it decided to calculate my Wii Fit Age.

Now, if you've watched The Biggest Loser (US or Australian, at least) you know how they sit the contestants down towards the beginning and go over how unhealthy they are and "you're actually ____ but your 'real age' is ____" (this season on TBL-Aus they did projected age of death but same basic idea).

I turned 38 in December.

My Wii Fit Age is 52.

My mom died with morbid obesity being a "main cause" a month after she turned 54.

I need to get this done.


4 comments:

  1. (((hugs))) Knowing is half the battle, my fiend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a funny typo, heheh... friend <3

      Delete
  2. Oh sweetie! The Wii can be a cruel thing. We WILL get this done!

    ReplyDelete