Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Three days down (and Friend Makin' Mondays ... on Tuesday)

So far March isn't awful. It isn't stellar, but it isn't awful. I got in a couple of bike workouts on the new Death Machine (it has yet to become my Mind Palace like the last bike was) and knocked off a half hour with the Wii Fit Plus. Getting better at the balance-based games slowly but surely. Tried some of the strength training activities and kept being told I wasn't ready yet. Lovely. I've already put the Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum "game" to one side because I'm not in good enough shape for most of it yet.

I'll get there. Some day.

Food has been .... well .... it's been.

I've been thinking that maybe I .... I dunno. I know I need some sorta something besides just thee ol' calorie count hanging over my head. Something South Beachish but not. Too many restrictions make me want to shoot myself in the face, ya know? Maybe limit grain intake to work meals only & one meal a day for my days off. I can't go completely pasta/oatmeal/potato free .... not even for the couple of weeks the first Phase of SB would be. Again .... it's the whole "shoot myself in the face" thing.

I'll figure it out. Some day.

I've got 2 1/2 hoursish left to my shift tonight. (My work computer keeps randomly rebooting itself -- it's taken me 2 1/2 hours just to write this much! YIKES!) I've caught up on all of the shows I watch without Tom aside from the Australian/original version of Rake that I only started watching this afternoon anyway. I could continue with that but I think I'll spend the remainder of my time tonight/this morning/whatever with good ol' Dandy. I'm 62% in and still haven't figured out whodunnit .... which is strange and fascinating all at the same time.

************************

DRAT! Once again I forgot about Friend Makin' Mondays! BUGGER! This month it's being hosted by Losing Weight And Having Fun and this week's topic is one of my favorite things: MOVIES!

1. What is your all time favorite movie? Oh gosh. I can't possibly choose just one. The ones that immediately spring to mind when asked, though, are: 
Dogma
Run Fatboy Run
When Harry Met Sally
Love in the Afternoon

2. Who is your favorite actor and actress?
Actor: Simon Pegg
Actress: Audrey Hepburn

3. What is the first movie you ever saw at the cinema?
The first movie I remember seeing was Star Wars as a double feature with Empire Strikes Back when that was first released. I was 4 1/2 at the time and already a little geekling!

4. Did you watch The Oscars last night?
I didn't even remember they were on until my Facebook feed started exploding with commentary!

5. How many of the Best Picture nominations did you watch and which did you enjoy the most?
I haven't seen any of them this year.

6. What did you think of Ellen hosting The Oscars?
I love Ellen so I'm sure she did a great job!

7. If you had the chance to play a part in any movie, what would it be?
Jo Stockton -- Audrey Hepburn's character in Funny Face. I was obsessed with that part when I was growing up .... until I saw Love In The Afternoon 

8. Is there a movie you have watched that was so bad that you have either walked out of the cinema or turned it off?
Tom and I have turned off quite a few things that we haven't wanted to waste our time on. I only recall walking out of a cinema once and it was so bad that I can't even remember what the movie was or who was in it. I was just glad I only paid $2 for the ticket and ended up getting it back anyway!


9. What do you think of 3D and IMAX movies? Are they worth the extra money?
I love them both! The only IMAX I've seen is our annual trip to see The Polar Express in our one domed IMAX theater here but we'll typically splurge on the 3D when we bother going to the movies now.

10. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
We took John to see The Lego Movie (in 3D) last weekend. It was phenomenal! I love it when they make kids movies enjoyable for adults, too!

6 comments:

  1. I know that I could never do the south beach/atkins type diets because i eat way to much pasta/bread for them but I really need to work out something... i just about cried when I weighed myself at the doctors the other day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm thinking limit it to work and weekends. I don't do much bread but I LOOOOOVE pasta ... and cheese art looks good on it ;)

      Delete
  2. Great answers, I saw the LEGO movie recently and loved it too. I also think Simon Pegg is great, but I think it's more because he's a fellow Brit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did SB and it was great... Yes limiting, but not for too long... but I quit because we got iced in (with not too many groceries) and lost power for 10 days, and then I started eating regular food again, and kinda forgot about it.

    I love Simon Pegg! And I think Run, Fat Boy, Run is one of my favorites of his (besides Star Trek, but that is kind of in a different league).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! We saw the Lego movie and loved it too! You'll find a food plan that works for you. I hate restrictive diets too and do better when I can eat what I want, just in moderation.

    ReplyDelete