Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Half way done (plus a half an hour) ... and yogurt woes

I've got just about half an hour left to my current shift and then two more nights and then three nights of sleeping as much as humanly possible. I didn't get any sleep on Tuesday until Tom came home from work around 4:30pm. By 5 I was snoozing away. I probably could have dozed a bit on the couch or in the recliner but my mind was racing and it just wasn't happening. Today I don't think there'll be a choice. I'm sure that John and I will still play some Wii and I'll get some mileage in on thee ol' recumbent while we do ... but I also know that my eyes are ready to snap shut NOW so I'm sure they'll follow through with the threat at some point this morning.

In spite of the super tiredness it's been an okay night at work. I've half-watched a lot of shows. I've read a LOT of LCHF blogs and articles. I've even done some actual work (crazy, I know). The highlight, of course, has been the blog reading. I'm trying to come up with a good game plan for the next round of grocery shopping ... whenever that may be. I may have to go to an actual honest-to-goodness grocery store instead of one of my typical discount grocers (PriceRite & Aldi's) in order to find stuff like full-fat yogurt. The "light" varieties are typically loaded with junk in order to make up for taking the fat away. No thanks! I was glancing at some of the light & nonfat yogurts we keep in our little shop here at work. I've eaten so much of it (and similar brands) in my lifetime. It kinda makes me shudder now.

I know that it's possible to just make my own yogurt at home but, quite frankly, I'm too lazy and would just rather someone else do it for me. Preferably with less freakish ingredients.


6 comments:

  1. you have to be careful with yogurt. someone posted on Facebook the other day that they were eating one that had fish in it!!!
    https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1504945_10154043783050433_3582983602446895429_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See??? One more reason to read (and freak out) over ingredients!

      Delete
  2. Those lunch creations you come up with are not a sign of lazy. It is more of a pick your battles type of thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Day 2 here. How you doing? (Said in a Joey voice)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad considering I haven't been able to get to a grocery store yet!

      Delete