Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Screw you, Low-Carb Flu!

Yeah - I'm one of the unlucky ones who got hit by the low-carb/keto flu. HORRIBLE headache for almost 48 hours. Couldn't focus worth crap on stuff like reading (hence, another book crossed over the reading plan ... not sure if it was the fog-brain or the fact that it's just not as good as the first book in the series was. Whatever.). Felt like sleeping ALL. THE. TIME. And then someone pointed out the idea that I may not be getting adequate sodium intake to make up for how freaking much I pee now. Uh. Okay. A bit of broth and bouillon later and I'm back in action! I even woke up early from my post-work nap and took a walk instead of rolling back over and getting more sleep. Okay, granted, I woke up early because of my bladder but .... whatever. Now I'm freaking out the cat because I'm dancing around and singing along with the Black Eyed Peas on my ipod which, of course, he can't hear because I've got my earbuds in. (Yes, I'm dancing in the desk chair as I type, too.) As soon as I hit publish I'm going to go cook up some of the crapton of chicken I just bought so it'll be easier to grab and go when needed ... singing and dancing the whole time, probably.
Poor Cheerio ....

4 comments:

  1. So glad you figured out how to fix the problem!!!! So you just need more sodium? Seems simple enough :) way to go, you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seemingly simple ... if I didn't have a bunch of issues with sodium and tend to buy whatever I can low-sodium! I'm working on it, though!

      Delete
  2. I never would have thought about low sodium! I'm glad the broth got you back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed at how quickly it worked, too! I'm going to try and keep a stash at work for when I'm in need! (Oh - and I sent you a friend request on FB ... stalked you through Becka! LOL!)

      Delete