Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Basically, run.


No ... not ME. I don't run. It's bad for my knee & my dead guy's tibia. My brain, though, doesn't seem to be able to stop running.

I blame it, in part, on the lack of sleep. I think I may have dozed for about 10 minutes during the movie but that was it until Tom got home from work. Pretty much he came home and I passed out. My brain, though ... still doing an awful lot of running.

I know I just said last night that I don't do well with set goals -- which is true. I also don't do well without them. It's all a bit, well, wibbly wobbly.

Ten years ago I was pretty much kicking ass with this whole weight loss thing as I'd mentioned a couple of weeks ago. (Jiminy! Has it really only been a couple of weeks since that post? It seems like soooo much longer.) That realization, of course, led me to dusting thee ol' Weight Watchers & Wendie Plan guidelines and it's all been well and good ... more or less. My problem, you see, is trying to do that which I know (albeit with calories instead of Points) with the LCHF cycling which ...... I just can't afford easily right now. Well, I can if I want to eat eggs all the time. I love eggs but I also love (and miss) pasta. And oatmeal. And too many eggs give me stinky gas.

So. Wibbly wobbly.

Back in the days of kickass-ness I could eat whatever without worrying as long as it fit my Points. I'm still not going back to Weight Watchers. BUT I keep hearing about this thing called IIFYM -- If It Fits Your Macros which appears to be a calorie/macro-centric equivalent of sorts. It's almost a complete turn around from what I've been doing but maybe it will be easier on my brain than the cycling .... and easier on my wallet than the LCHF .... and I think that this last week of July I'll think about setting some physical goals for August and start easing into what the calculator at IIFYM spit at me.

I know. It seems like every time I turn around I'm changing plans altogether or, at the very least, tweaking the bejeepers out of something. I'm just really tired of the yo-yoing. Something has to work for me ... mentally and physically (and financially), right? It's pretty obvious that I haven't nailed it yet. I'm basically exactly where I was almost a full year ago when the Bugg went back on:



It's completely terrifying, but it's so, so exciting
He said I was brilliant and I could change the world
So many places I've been; there's so much more to see
We've got galaxies and planets and moons
And an awful lot of running to do




[Totally Funny Quinky-Dink Time: When I was just over pulling the link for my post about Wendie I noticed in my blog list that my friend over at Ditch The Excuses is also talking about IIFYM! Must be something in the air!]



Hours Later Post-Script: You know what? Screw the worrying about macros and all that crap. I'm going to eat. I'm going to track. I'm going to exercise. I'm going to have deficits. THAT'S my thing.

2 comments:

  1. it's so hard to find the one thing that works, or how to combine multiple things without it becoming a full time job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem with IIFYM is the issue of affording the protein. Oh, and eating it. I'm so full all the time.

    ReplyDelete