Friday, July 25, 2014

Dusty Things

I was down in our basement earlier doing laundry and noticed some of my dusty old "As Seen Of TV" impulse buys from years gone by scattered here and there.

Remember Tony Little? The "You Can Do It" guy?
I have his Rock and Roll Stepper down there under a pile of stuff (very similar to this one).

What about the Bun & Thigh Roller?
Yep. That's down there, too.

No fitness infomercial weakness would be complete without some Body By Jake, right? Yeah ... I totally got sucked into the whole Cardio Cruiser craze once upon a time.

Oh ... and I have an old t-shirt hanging off of some strange leg thing that I'm even kind of embarrassed to admit I own ... but at least that I didn't spend money on. It was a present from someone who thought it would be a nice addition to my "stuff that will never work the way they claim" collection. We don't speak to each other anymore. 

With that new challenge thing starting in a week I thought very briefly about dusting off the things in the basement to add to the mix for a few extra minutes here and there. After all, 1500 minutes in 31 days is a lot and more than a bit intimidating ... but I did just start reading Diana Gabaldon's Outlander finally so that should prove to add some quality pedaling time and any day now the tattoo should be healed up enough to let me get back to doing anything with my left arm without wanting to whimper (like TurboJam or Wii Fit stuff) and John's summer school program is done on the 7th (I think) so I may get him to go on some decent walks with me and maybe even hit the city pool a couple of times before it closes up shop for the season. 

Maybe I will drag the Rock N Roll Stepper upstairs, though... It was kinda fun. And how can you not love something linked to some crazy guy saying "You Can Do It!" over and over again?

(Couldn't resist! It's one of my favorite YouTube clips!)

No comments:

Post a Comment