Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I just ... it's just ... oh gosh ...

On May 31st I started reading the second book of the Poldark saga and I have just now finished the fourth. It's been so incredibly overwhelmingly intense and heartbreaking and uplifting and ... well ... everything.

And now I take a break.

It took twenty years for the original readers to get a fifth book from Winston Graham but I won't wait nearly that long. Maybe a month. Perhaps longer. I do, after all, have a ton of other books waiting to be read and more added all the time thanks to free ebooks and my library being linked up with OverDrive and whatnot.

I'm not quite sure what I want to read next. At first I had thought that I would return to Percy Jackson. Then I thought that I would start the Haunted Bookshop series by Alice Kimberly/Cleo Coyle (<-- same author, two pen names). THEN I remembered about OverDrive and the gazillions of books I could "checkout" on my ipad, phone, tablet, whatever ....

Too many choices!!!

This is why I had originally come up with the whole idea of The Reading Plan, wasn't it? So I wasn't faced with these potentially life-altering dilemmas?

I've placed a hold on Gabaldan's Outlander via OverDrive (and, yes, I find it rather odd that I have to reserve an ebook) since I've never read it and it was one of my mom's absolute favorites and will be hitting Starz in less than a month ... but I don't know when it will be available. Maybe I should choose something I figure I can fly through in case it comes quickly ...

So I'll go from one Graham to another. I have yet to read any of Heather Graham's Krewe of Hunters and already have the first three on my phone ... so Phantom Evil it is. Should go by quickly given my history of flying through a LOT of her books ... and it should also be enough of a change from the Poldarks that it won't pale quite as drastically in comparison as if I had tried to read another historical novel of some sort immediately. (It will still pale, of course ... but it may not be quite as blatant).

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever listen to audio books with OverDrive? Since switching to audio books, I find I hardly "read" books any more, but I also walk more so that I can listen to my book! Win-Win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do audio books. They always seem to scew up how I hear the characters in my head ;)

      Delete