Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Thank you, Sheryl Crow.

I get so tired sometimes of the snarkiness that goes on in different diet groups online.

LCHF does not necessarily equal Keto ...
Carb cycling does not require you to follow Chris Powell's book to a "T" ...

This ain't no disco. It ain't no country club either. And dieting sure as hell ain't one-size-fits-all.

I'm on the verge of saying "screw 'em all" and stick with my Shrinking Jeans gals ... and if it wasn't for some friendships made and the overwhelming urge to channel my inner Sheryl Crow when I see someone getting beaten with a piece of bacon for DARING to eat something they "shouldn't," I probably would just drop the last one like a hot potato. (Yes, I know ... potatoes aren't low carb. Suck it, Trebek.)

I mentioned to one of the girls a little bit ago that I figured I'd probably get ripped a new one if I mentioned my personal plan in the group ... so I don't. HERE, though, I can say whatever the hell I want to because the worst that could happen is I'd have to take a couple of seconds out of my day to hit "delete" on snarktastic comments.

As you know, I've been struggling (for years) trying to figure out what's going to work best for me. I've done so much reading on so many different things that my head was starting to spin ... but, I think, I at least have a plan for July (which is good since it officially started here about 3 1/2 hours ago). I'll be taking what I know of carb cycling, adding it to what I know of LCHF, and tossing in a bit of calorie cycling (or zig-zagging) using the calculator from freedieting. I slapped a new Post-It on my desk the other day with the new deets.

Still planning on doing the Wii Fit and the bike as often as I can but this week may be a bit difficult since John doesn't start summer school until the 7th. He's real good about letting me overthrow part of his playroom (since that's where the Wii is) and about letting me pedal in peace (for the most part) ... but when he's off school my sleep gets all thrown out of whack so I just may not be up to it as much as usual. We'll see soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are right. It doesn't matter what someone is doing, if it works for them, then ultimately, who cares? Sheesh! I think your plan is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals for July! I can do it.

    ReplyDelete