Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's that time again!

Another month has started. October is one of my favorite months because I love autumn sooooo much. The air gets brisker but there are still some days that don't require bundling (or the heat to kick on). It'll be a month of new books (just finished #36 on The Reading Plan Thing). A month of new challenges. A month of new losses ... with any luck.

More specifically, this is what I'm hoping to do:

Books: I want to get four books finished in October:
  1. Murder in the Mystery Suite - Ellery Adams
  2. Sick of Shadows (Elizabeth MacPherson #1) - Sharyn McCrumb
  3. Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters #2) - Heather Graham
  4. New Orleans Mourning (Skip Langdon 1) - Julie Smith  Decaffeinated Corpse (Coffeehouse Mysteries #5) - Cleo Coyle
The second and fourth on the list (#s 38 and 40 on the main list) are re-reads from long ago so I'm guessing I'll fly through them. 

Challenges: I mentioned last night that I'm rip-roaring-ready for the next NoExcuses Challenge which will actually cover the next 12 weeks rather than just the month. Personally, though, I would like to get at least 1700 of the 4700 minutes done in October. I'm also going to attempt to actually stick with a ____-a-day challenge for the first time in eons. I think maybe I'll go back to the doodles since they soothe my mind and goodness knows my mind has needed it the past little bit! So here's the plan:

Losses: I refuse to set a specific goal for this since they never quite work out for me anyway. If I were to set one, however, it would probably be to hit 195. (I was 200.2 Monday when I woke up from my post-work nap!) I misplaced my tape measure so until that's located there will be no further measurements aside from the scale. Bummer.

So. How about you? Plans?

3 comments:

  1. Great goals! You are inspiring me to dust of my blog and get back at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your goals. You've inspired me to do my own list:
    I'd like to get down below 195 as well (currently 198.4, I'm a slow and steady gal recently), design my characters for my new webcomic, and have scarves for all my craft fairs.

    ReplyDelete