Sunday, November 16, 2014

And another week begins ...

First, the question of the day:
Other than your clothes, what was with you the majority of your day?
It was a wonderfully lazy day for the most part. I did walk to/from PriceRite to grab a few odds and ends of groceries (mostly to get ready for the Thanksgiving dessert extravaganza) and the rest of the day was spent catching up on dvr stuff with Tom and tossing in a couple of Christmas movies for good measure. I know, it's only mid-November but we love the fluff that hits Hallmark Channel every year so we watched one of those & Ernest Saves Christmas is on Netflix so we had to do that, too. Which, of course, has nothing to do with the question ... and the answer to that is my phone. It's with me pretty much 24 hours a day. I rarely use it as a phone, though. When we were watching our movies I used it to keep track of Sims FreePlay ... when I was at the grocery store I was using the calculator on it to keep a running total so I didn't spend too much ... it wakes me up from my pre-work naps ... and then on the bus into work I use it to read.

Speaking of reading, I didn't do much this weekend but did finish an excellent short story on the way into work tonight. I read about 5 minutes of it while falling asleep for thee ol' pre-work nap so it was a pretty fast read. It was The Adventure of the Manufactured Miracle by Craig Janacek and is a Christmasy-themed Sherlock Holmes tale written "by" Doctor Watson just as Holmes tales should be. It was pleasantly pleasant and I'm quite glad I have the next two shorts lined up to go. It really makes me want to get my hands on Janacek's full-length novels -- eventually.

On to the goal updates!

They were:
Blog: I kinda feel like I don't even need to set "3 times" ... maybe I'll start trying to write with more substance, though. I used to do a workshop on creative journaling using writing prompts. Maybe I'll think about doing that here. -- Nailed it!
Book: Finish Shakespeare's Champion -- Nailed it!
Diet: Bring something more substantial then oatmeal packets to work! I actually bought a ton of things specifically FOR bringing to work on Friday when I went to the grocery store ... but they don't do a heck of a lot of good when they just sit home in the freezer. -- Totally DIDN'T nail it :(
Fitness: 200+ minutes -- Nailed it with 215!

So this week:
Blog: Stick with the questions from Get It Scrapped
Book: Finish the next two Janacek shorts, at least a third of Hercule Poirot's Christmas
Diet: Eat more regularly at home AND at work. It was almost 2pm today before I realized I'd only had coffee
Fitness: 200+ again


No comments:

Post a Comment