Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Is "holiday" a cuisine?

The question for the day:

What is your favorite cuisine?

So, really ... is "holiday" considered a cuisine? I guess it is now, at least, because that's my answer. 

Specifically end-of-year holiday cuisine. The warm, hearty, spice-filled, cozy comfort foods that tend to engulf Thanksgiving through New Year's .... and, more often than not, tend to pack on extra poundage.

It looks like we're going to be in charge of desserts for Thanksgiving this year. I could just grab a couple of pies from the grocery store and call it a day but in my family that would be unacceptable on so many levels. Sure, it's not my birth/extended-by-birth family that we're supplying for .... but it still seems wrong to me to take the easy way out if I can manage to pull off something real. We're still a couple of weeks away which is a good thing. It gives me a couple of weeks to stress out over doing something spectacular .... or giving up and buying something before everyone else does and the stores are sold out. 

Maybe I should buy a back-up plan or two just in case.



1 comment:

  1. I think "holiday" could count as a cuisine... Because it's not something you have every day... like Mexican or Chinese or something... It's its own thing. I absolutely love all the savory stuffs that come along with the holidays. I can't wait to try and make faux-tato salad... Mom's making regular too... lol

    ReplyDelete