Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Slop Thing

I neglected once again to bring food with me to work and I'm not willing to order in. Ordering in when trying to stay low carb and, most importantly for my innards, grain-free isn't easy anyway. Sure, I could do a salad ... but why would I spend that much money on a salad?!? I'd much rather just complain about not having food while downing copious amounts of coffee and tea. I may even splurge at some point and have a can of Diet Coke.

If I had thought to bring food to work it would, in all likelihood, have been in the form of Slop. Yes, that is the official unofficial name of the meal the smallish person and I tend to have most often. We've been trying out lots of coconut flour recipes with some success but when it comes right down to it even those make me just crave other grainy type foods so I find it best for my mental state to stick with things that don't even pretend to be something that they're not. And Slop doesn't pretend to be anything other than Slop.


Today's late-afternoon Slop (above) had ground beef, bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese and Dinosaur Roasted Garlic Honey BBQ Sauce. I live in the land of the original Dinosaur BBQ so, really, the carbs shouldn't even count. Right? It's like eating dessert at church. That never counts, either. If it did count, though, I figure it's still pretty much on the low side of things with a total of 4 grams per serving this time around. We never actually follow a recipe, but out of curiosity I actually paid attention today and this is what I came up with:


The sauce stretches out if the beef doesn't get drained completely so, really, one could probably get away with 2 tablespoons if they absolutely wanted to. Or use something else. Or anything else. The joy of Slop is that it's really just a Tosser of a meal. Anything you want to toss into the pan goes. Sometimes we do salsa. Sometimes ranch dressing. Sometimes a tomato sauce. Sometimes an alfredo. Occasionally vegetables will get tossed in. Once in a while an extra meat finds its way in the pan (John's a big fan of chopping up pepperoni slices and tossing in with mozzarella instead of cheddar). It's always fast and easy and filling ... and always sloppy.

1 comment:

  1. Could you get away with adding shredded cabbage to beef it up and add a easy veggie?

    ReplyDelete